Marketing & Special Events Coordinator
The Marketing & Special Events Coordinator position reports directly to the Executive Director.
The Marketing & Special Events Coordinator of the Brain Injury Alliance of Nebraska (BIA-NE) will manage all social media, email marketing, website, and all digital and visual marketing assets, in order to move the BIA-NE mission forward and motivate and engage our followers, customers, and donors. In addition, s/he will work with the Executive Director and the Director of Operations to project manage the coordination of special events, including our annual conference, annual 5k, and other fundraising opportunities throughout the year. This position also provides administrative and operations support, as needed.
This is a part-time to full-time position, requiring a commitment of at least 20-25 hours per week. The BIA-NE team works from their home offices and out in the community, so this position can be done from anywhere within the state of Nebraska. There may be up to 5% travel required throughout the year.
Qualifications For The Marketing & Special Events Coordinator
An ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, advertising, or communications. Additional work-related experience will be considered.
- At least one year of experience in graphic design, social media, copywriting, editing, or related experience in a marketing environment. Nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Excellent and versatile communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- The ability to create graphics, video, and digital/print ads suitable for web and final print production.
- The proven ability to assist in the development, management, and execution of events and projects.
- Experience managing social media profiles and campaigns across multiple platforms.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, meet time-sensitive deadlines, and organize a workload with limited supervision.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Outstanding customer relations abilities.
- Knowledge of health/disability issues is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities Of The Marketing & Special Events Coordinator
The Marketing & Special Events Coordinator’s duties and responsibilities will include:
- Creating print and digital marketing materials, including but not limited to brochures, flyers, ads, emails, electronic newsletters, and mailings. Responsible for ensuring attractive visual layout and copy is free from errors.
- Proactively developing and maintaining all social and digital media calendars, aligned with the BIA-NE marketing and events calendar.
- Creating press releases, in line with social media postings, for events, projects, and initiatives.
- Scheduling social media postings across key platforms. Under this responsibility also falls responding to comments in a timely manner.
- Attending BIA-NE events and executing timely posts with engaging content in the moment.
- Leading website design, with content oversight being provided by the Executive Director.
- Coordinating photography, ranging from internally-produced efforts to formal productions with external partners.
- Assisting in the development and refinement of uniform graphic standards and visual brand strategies.
- Executing email campaigns with email marketing software (Constant Contact or MailChimp).
- Developing and managing administration and logistics for special events.
- Recruiting exhibitors and sponsors for special events.
- Handling event registrations and troubleshooting.
- Managing volunteers for events.
- Coordinating the production and distribution of event and training materials.
- Assisting with printing and pricing of promotional, event, and project materials.
- Updating the website for new events, content, and initiatives.
- Creating donor letters, donor files, and mailing lists for the Annual Appeal.
- Leading in the printing and pricing of promotional, event, and project materials.
Additional duties may include:
- Gathering and preparing statistical data to create reports for various projects.
- Assisting with other administrative duties, as assigned.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed or projects managed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the Board of Directors or the Executive Director, subject to reasonable accommodations.
To Apply For The Marketing & Special Events Coordinator Position
To apply for this position with the Brain Injury Alliance of Nebraska, please email your resume and cover letter highlighting why you’d be perfect for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing & Special Events Coordinator” in the subject line.